No functional weapons are allowed at Comic-Con International.
Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
- All costume weapons must be inspected at the security station in Lobby E.
- All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Costume swords will be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn.
- After each person’s costume weapon has been checked, it is tagged by security and you will be given a wristband to wear to designates that your weapons have been checked. Security will escort you to the security station for inspection if your costume weapon is not tagged.
If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected or tagged, or you are not willing to comply with the foregoing, please do not bring your costume weapons.